A true life changing experience
Leah Houston has spent four weeks serving in Ferrybank, Waterford, Ireland. This missionary experience has helped her grow in her understanding of the Church, missions, and God. read here how she shares her experience serving with ECM in Europe.
My name is Leah, and as part of my theology degree at Belfast Bible College, I completed a four-week placement in Ferrybank, Waterford, with Colin and Ally.
During my month's stay I was able to experience what living for Jesus looks like in a different culture, learn how to relate to people in an approach that is perhaps slightly different to what I am used to, and just overall experience Church in such a loving, welcoming and open environment.
ECM and all the lovely people who work in it made it an extremely easy process, so for anyone thinking of serving on mission, I would highly recommend you consider doing so with the ECM team. Not only are they incredibly helpful with all the admin, Zoom calls and training, but they also value you as a person and what you bring as a follower of Christ, so much so, that you feel like you have gained a new family!
My time in Waterford, Ireland was incredible, a true life changing experience, and has definitely, alongside the help of the Holy Spirit, planted a seed in my heart for Ireland!
Leah Houston, Short-termer with ECM in Ireland
- 12/22/2022 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 12/09/2022 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 12/01/2022 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 11/23/2022 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 11/15/2022 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 10/25/2022 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 10/18/2022 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 10/11/2022 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 09/22/2022 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 09/15/2022 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 09/08/2022 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 08/25/2022 09:44 - The first step of many
- 08/04/2022 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/26/2022 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 07/22/2022 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 07/21/2022 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 07/14/2022 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 07/01/2022 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 06/23/2022 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 06/14/2022 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 06/11/2022 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 05/31/2022 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 05/27/2022 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 05/24/2022 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 05/18/2022 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 05/01/2022 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 04/26/2022 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 04/22/2022 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 04/12/2022 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 04/06/2022 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 04/02/2022 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 03/28/2022 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 03/26/2022 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 03/23/2022 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 03/22/2022 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 03/21/2022 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 03/08/2022 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 02/24/2022 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 02/15/2022 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 02/08/2022 10:27 - Come and help us!