"There is no way we can get used to the War..."
"It's been more than two weeks since we sent out our last update—a long time for some, a short one for us. What I was afraid of the most is to get used to this new reality..." Our field leader in Ukraine shares about the last attacks in Lviv and the effects of the war.
"It's been more than two weeks since we sent out our last update—a long time for some, a short one for us. What I was afraid of the most is to get used to this new reality. It seems that this is happening to us eventually. We got used to air raid sirens going off, and now we don't get panic but know precisely what to do and where to rush. We got used to having lots of work done every day of the week to serve people who have suffered from the War. We even got used to being awakened at night and having less sound sleep.
People in Lviv are getting used to the War and are less alert. A considerably smaller number of people have been coming to our bomb shelter for the last two weeks until Monday, April 18th. Three of the missiles targeted an object of military infrastructure (warehouses that were not in use), and one hit a tire fitting. Both places were utterly destroyed. No one could ever expect a peaceful car service/ tire fitting (one of the closest and most convenient for many other drivers and me in the area to go to) to be hit.
Seven civilians were killed and 11 wounded, including a 3-year-old boy who fled from Kharkiv to get injured by glass fragments during the bombing in Lviv, the most significant humanitarian hub and shelter that has housed more than 300,000 refugees.
There is no way we can get used to the War, to bombing, to people, especially children, being killed or wounded, to lives and dreams ruined and destroyed. Every story told by those who were lucky to flee touches me profoundly and penetrates my heart deeply."
|Botão valor 300.png||9.0 kB||image/png|
|unnamed (60).jpg||447.8 kB||image/jpeg|
- 12/22/2022 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 12/09/2022 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 12/01/2022 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 11/23/2022 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 11/15/2022 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 10/25/2022 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 10/18/2022 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 10/11/2022 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 09/22/2022 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 09/15/2022 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 09/08/2022 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 08/25/2022 09:44 - The first step of many
- 08/04/2022 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/26/2022 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 07/22/2022 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 07/21/2022 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 07/14/2022 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 07/01/2022 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 06/23/2022 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 06/14/2022 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 06/11/2022 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 05/31/2022 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 05/27/2022 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 05/24/2022 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 05/18/2022 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 05/01/2022 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 04/26/2022 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 04/22/2022 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 04/12/2022 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 04/06/2022 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 04/02/2022 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 03/28/2022 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 03/26/2022 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 03/23/2022 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 03/22/2022 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 03/21/2022 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 03/08/2022 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 02/24/2022 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 02/15/2022 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 02/08/2022 10:27 - Come and help us!