With small acts of love
Alen and Lila Kercmar, ECMers in Slovenia, share with us how they and their church have been ministering to Ukrainians. Indeed, even the small acts of love are powerful in God's hands.
"The Lutheran church in Murska Sobota, Slovenia, where we are part of the leadership team, responded to the Ukrainian crisis in a number of different ways. The children in Sunday school collected clothes and toys for children and attached encouraging notes to them. The church as a whole gathered food products, clothes for adults and hygiene items.
Our church also organised a charity concert played by our worship band. Our minister (who is also a bishop of Slovenian Lutheran church) and ECMer Alen Kercmar both gave a short message on the importance of the cross and the resurrection. The place was packed with over 300 people from different walks of life and social contexts. The concert left a big impact on a local community.
The funds raised are being used for the integration of Ukrainian families in our region. Around 50 Ukrainian families came to the church service, with special workshops and Sunday school for children. The rest of the day we went for a trip with lots of fun activities for the families. With these small acts of love we want our Ukrainian friends to feel welcome in our midst, even though the ideal for them would be to return to their home land.
In the following months we hope to have summer camps with the Ukrainian children to encourage them and show them the love of the Lord in practice."
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 12/22/2022 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 12/09/2022 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 12/01/2022 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 11/23/2022 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 11/15/2022 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 10/25/2022 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 10/18/2022 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 10/11/2022 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 09/22/2022 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 09/15/2022 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 09/08/2022 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 08/25/2022 09:44 - The first step of many
- 08/04/2022 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/26/2022 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 07/22/2022 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 07/21/2022 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 07/14/2022 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 07/01/2022 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 06/23/2022 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 06/14/2022 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 06/11/2022 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 05/31/2022 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 05/27/2022 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 05/24/2022 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 05/18/2022 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 05/01/2022 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 04/26/2022 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 04/22/2022 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 04/12/2022 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 04/06/2022 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 04/02/2022 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 03/28/2022 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 03/26/2022 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 03/23/2022 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 03/22/2022 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 03/21/2022 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 03/08/2022 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 02/24/2022 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 02/15/2022 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 02/08/2022 10:27 - Come and help us!