From football... to Christ
As the football world cup goes on this month, here is a story about how football can open doors for the gospel in Andalusia, Spain.
All areas of life can lead to Christ... if you want them to. And that's what the Coaching for Christ team from Northern Ireland has done in Andalusia, in collaboration with our missionaries there, Francis and Nathalie.
After a two-year hiatus, our Coaching for Christ brothers came once again from Northern Ireland to Spain, to offer football classes - and the message of Jesus - to 250 children in four twons in the Cordoba region in Andalusia. The children had a great time, and paid close attention when, at each training session, the coaches told testimonies or stories based on biblical values. On the last day, they offered a Bible to the children and their parents, and more than 100 took one home, praise God!
Nowadays, in the Spanish society, there is a great lack of knowledge about the Bible, which is growing as one generation gives way to the next. We think it is vital to teach children and teenagers who God is and what His message is, what are the things that His Word teaches us and that guide us to live a life according to the purpose designed by our Creator.
For this reason, we are grateful for the partnership with the ministry of Coaching for Christ. In Spain football is a huge part of life and therefore it is a door to share the message of salvation. Together we can do more and all gifts add up to the gospel when we put them in God's hands. Thank you!
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 12/22/2022 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 12/09/2022 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 12/01/2022 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 11/23/2022 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 11/15/2022 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 10/25/2022 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 10/18/2022 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 10/11/2022 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 09/22/2022 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 09/15/2022 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 09/08/2022 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 08/25/2022 09:44 - The first step of many
- 08/04/2022 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/26/2022 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 07/22/2022 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 07/21/2022 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 07/14/2022 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 07/01/2022 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 06/23/2022 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 06/14/2022 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 06/11/2022 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 05/31/2022 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 05/27/2022 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 05/24/2022 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 05/18/2022 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 05/01/2022 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 04/26/2022 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 04/22/2022 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 04/12/2022 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 04/06/2022 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 04/02/2022 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 03/28/2022 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 03/26/2022 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 03/23/2022 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 03/22/2022 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 03/21/2022 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 03/08/2022 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 02/24/2022 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 02/15/2022 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 02/08/2022 10:27 - Come and help us!