Helping others to love Muslims
Jesus came to EQUIP his disciples to make disciples of all nations. David describes how he fulfills this call in his life.
"‘Can I pray with my Muslim friend?’ ‘Are we allowed to eat Halal meat?’ ‘How do I talk about my faith with Muslims?’
"These are some of the questions I regularly receive from Christians who want to develop their relationships with their Muslim friends, but often feel uncertain and unequipped to express their faith for fear of losing the friendship.
"As part of my work for Mahabba Belgium, a prayer network that seeks to motivate and mobilise everyday Christians to love their Muslim neighbour, I give workshops and seminars on how to build bridges with your Muslim neighbours.
"I’ve learnt that equipping the church is as much about giving people confidence in their calling as Christians, as it is about giving specialised knowledge."
David and Holly are working in Kortrijk with De Pottenbakker church. They are involved in pastoral work, language teaching and outreach in their neighbourhood.
This is an account from our new ECM Magazine where you find many more similar articles.
For more information on ECM's involvement in Belgium, please follow this link.
- May - 11 - 2021 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- May - 04 - 2021 12:00 - How to reach your neighbour
- April - 27 - 2021 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- April - 20 - 2021 17:30 - A life transformed...
- April - 06 - 2021 11:30 - A light in the community
- March - 16 - 2021 13:23 - Understanding Catholic Cultures
- March - 09 - 2021 11:29 - God is never taken by surprise
- February - 23 - 2021 12:15 - Our best laid plans... How God aligns them with His
- February - 16 - 2021 12:30 - From depression to ministry
- February - 09 - 2021 12:14 - Not stopped by COVID-19
- February - 02 - 2021 16:17 - Once forbidden...