A light in the community
Read how this light continued to shine even as life was altered by the pandemic.
Rita Rimkiene, a missionary and her family from Lithuania, joined ECM to work alongside churches in Gloucester (being based out of Brunswick Baptist Church). Below she tells us how her involvement in the community sustained many contacts and relationships during the last twelve months.
"Even Christians have struggled to know how to live through the pandemic while still recognising a call to serve the Lord, build communities, equip the church and multiply.
"We have been holding on to one another in the World Cafe (a relational ministry connecting migrants and locals) by keeping our connection fresh, deep and nurtured via social media. That might be posting an encouraging verse, dancing, running and walking, having fun and even making a fool of yourself while supporting a good cause.
"Our call is to equip people with the peace and hope of Jesus Christ. Therefore during this time, we have called people to allow themselves to see the world through the eyes of others. While they helped others, they connected with the community, multiplied compassion and equipped themselves with resilience — thus growing stronger to live through the pandemic themselves."
This article is in our new issue of the ECM Magazine which contains many more similar accounts.
If you would like to know more about Rita and her ministry, please follow this link.
- August - 24 - 2021 13:56 - "That's the tremendous thing that God is doing..."
- August - 17 - 2021 11:00 - Europe 2021: A Missiological Report
- August - 17 - 2021 10:30 - The House that love built
- July - 28 - 2021 15:41 - Launching NZ Mission Internship
- July - 27 - 2021 00:09 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 26 - 2021 00:00 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 06 - 2021 11:48 - It all starts in the heart
- May - 11 - 2021 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- May - 04 - 2021 12:00 - How to reach your neighbour
- April - 27 - 2021 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- April - 20 - 2021 17:30 - A life transformed...
- April - 06 - 2021 11:30 - A light in the community
- March - 16 - 2021 13:23 - Understanding Catholic Cultures
- March - 09 - 2021 11:29 - God is never taken by surprise
- February - 23 - 2021 12:15 - Our best laid plans... How God aligns them with His
- February - 16 - 2021 12:30 - From depression to ministry
- February - 09 - 2021 12:14 - Not stopped by COVID-19
- February - 02 - 2021 16:17 - Once forbidden...