From depression to ministry
Meet Diana Ovcar, a new ECM worker in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
I was born into a religiously mixed home, and my parents divorced when I was young. My childhood was filled with challenging experiences, which left me confused and hopeless. It seemed depression would be my constant companion until age 17, when I attended a Christian camp and heard the gospel for the first time. I gave my life to Jesus and began to trust Him to heal my pain and brokenness.
My interest in global missions began in my college days, and I initially pursued missionary work in Asia.
However, God eventually redirected my attention to the needs of my homeland, Slovenia. I was invited by Cru (formerly Campus Crusade) to join their team in Ljubljana as a national worker and sensed God’s call to serve my own people. I have spent the last two years ministering to students with Cru. I love seeing the next generation of believers standing strong in faith, and my desire is to see them participate in building the Slovenian Church through sharing the gospel.
As a national missionary with European Christian Mission in Ljubljana, I will be serving in a local church with a focus on student ministry development and evangelism. These are areas of deep passion for me, and I feel privileged to have a part in God’s work in Slovenia!
If you would like to know more about ECM's involvement in Slovenia, please click here.
- August - 24 - 2021 13:56 - "That's the tremendous thing that God is doing..."
- August - 17 - 2021 11:00 - Europe 2021: A Missiological Report
- August - 17 - 2021 10:30 - The House that love built
- July - 28 - 2021 15:41 - Launching NZ Mission Internship
- July - 27 - 2021 00:09 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 26 - 2021 00:00 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 06 - 2021 11:48 - It all starts in the heart
- May - 11 - 2021 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- May - 04 - 2021 12:00 - How to reach your neighbour
- April - 27 - 2021 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- April - 20 - 2021 17:30 - A life transformed...
- April - 06 - 2021 11:30 - A light in the community
- March - 16 - 2021 13:23 - Understanding Catholic Cultures
- March - 09 - 2021 11:29 - God is never taken by surprise
- February - 23 - 2021 12:15 - Our best laid plans... How God aligns them with His
- February - 16 - 2021 12:30 - From depression to ministry
- February - 09 - 2021 12:14 - Not stopped by COVID-19
- February - 02 - 2021 16:17 - Once forbidden...