Confined but connecting
Pete and Kate Knowlson are ECM workers in Spain and describe how they are managing to stay in touch and connected with church, friends and family.
"The internet is almost the only way to meet with people these days and it has broken down the barriers of distance.
"Our church draws people from five towns yet only Peter has to travel in order to run a Zoom meeting for older members who can’t manage the technology.
"The weekly Bible study connects our members with a Columbian family who visited last year.
"We connect for prayer with supporters in their own homes."
Kate leads two women in studies in another town and is equipping one to lead a Bible group when she moves house with her husband.
"WhatsApp groups are the seedbed of our evangelism."
Peter hopes to multiply expository preachers amongst the students at a denominational training institution. He teaches them how to prepare, present and evaluate their messages to improve the application of their sermons amongst believers in the churches where they will serve the Lord.
You find more accounts like this one in our new Spring Magazine, click here.
If you would like to find out more about ECM's work in Spain, follow this link.
- November - 30 - 2021 16:00 - When did God do something special in your life?
- November - 23 - 2021 12:00 - Helping others to love Muslims
- November - 16 - 2021 09:43 - The call to missions
- November - 09 - 2021 10:00 - The Extraordinary Re-Evangelization of Europe
- November - 02 - 2021 16:00 - Equipped and connected for a move to multiply during COVID-19
- October - 30 - 2021 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- October - 26 - 2021 14:00 - The gospel into people's homes
- October - 19 - 2021 13:11 - How long, oh Lord?
- October - 12 - 2021 11:00 - How will they hear - prayer campaign
- August - 24 - 2021 13:56 - "That's the tremendous thing that God is doing..."
- August - 17 - 2021 11:00 - Europe 2021: A Missiological Report
- August - 17 - 2021 10:30 - The House that love built
- July - 28 - 2021 15:41 - Launching NZ Mission Internship
- July - 27 - 2021 00:09 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 26 - 2021 00:00 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 06 - 2021 11:48 - It all starts in the heart
- April - 27 - 2021 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- April - 20 - 2021 17:30 - A life transformed...
- April - 06 - 2021 11:30 - A light in the community
- February - 23 - 2021 12:15 - Our best laid plans... How God aligns them with His
- February - 16 - 2021 12:30 - From depression to ministry
- February - 09 - 2021 12:14 - Not stopped by COVID-19
- February - 02 - 2021 16:17 - Once forbidden...