"Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
The "Camino de Santiago" is one of the oldest pilgrimages in Europe which stretches across Spain, ending in the city of Santiago de Compostela. Though many people walk to enjoy the beautiful landscape, many people walk for deeply personal reasons; grieving, facing life changes, finding their purpose, and searching for God.
ECM team in the Basque Country, Spain
In 2022, a record-breaking 400,000 people walked the Camino. And around 45% of pilgrims say they walk the Camino for religious/spiritual reasons!
James and Carolynn Webb and Mauricio and Karina Aldana are ECM missionaries in the Basque region of Las Encartaciones which is located on the Camino Olvidado (Forgotten Way).
Five years ago, God envisioned them to open a guesthouse for pilgrims passing through their town; to create a place for rest, food and sleep before continuing on their way. Their aim is to show the love of Jesus through hospitality and point pilgrims, who are often open to hearing the gospel, to find rest in Jesus.
They have launched the Casa Camino Antiguo (Ancient Way House) project to raise money to purchase and renovate a property for the pilgrim guesthouse. It would be open to local community groups, church and youth groups seeking a retreat space and would be a meeting place for their local church. Currently, they are appealing for financial support as they hope to raise a total of €400,000. For further information or to pledge a donation, visit www.casacaminoantiguo.com
Equipping Christians for mission Casa Camino Antiguo would provide a unique opportunity for Christians to participate in front-line mission to people who walk the Camino. Volunteers can serve pilgrims by cooking, doing maintenance, talking and praying with pilgrims or opening the Bible to share from God’s Word.
The Guesthouse would be a visible presence of the church in Las Encartaciones and allow the ECM team to offer practical hospitality to pilgrims, community activities for locals, and show the love of Jesus in action.
Their prayer is that this will continue to build God’s kingdom in the Basque Country and strengthen the local church. We would love you to be involved in making this vision come to life.
- 14.11.2023 14.11.23, 09:55 - New book dealing with rest and recovery
- 08.11.2023 08.11.23, 12:59 - Christian leaders gather from across Europe
- 27.10.2023 27.10.23, 10:44 - A Great Book: "Church Planting in Europe"
- 24.10.2023 24.10.23, 14:28 - Insights into ministry in Greece
- 25.08.2023 25.08.23, 12:44 - News from Ukraine
- 16.08.2023 16.08.23, 14:01 - A Summer's Story
- 04.08.2023 04.08.23, 11:09 - Wild at Heart, a Testimony
- 02.08.2023 02.08.23, 17:07 - "Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
- 21.07.2023 21.07.23, 15:19 - Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
- 14.07.2023 14.07.23, 15:06 - Church Planting in Slovenia
- 06.07.2023 06.07.23, 14:54 - Equipping a New Generation
- 03.07.2023 03.07.23, 14:02 - Mum & Baby Club in Spain
- 28.06.2023 28.06.23, 16:00 - Life and Ministry in Times of War
- 06.06.2023 06.06.23, 11:05 - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 02.06.2023 02.06.23, 13:34 - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 25.05.2023 25.05.23, 17:54 - Elena's short-term mission trip to Romania
- 22.05.2023 22.05.23, 15:23 - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 15.05.2023 15.05.23, 11:00 - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 08.05.2023 08.05.23, 12:42 - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 15.03.2023 15.03.23, 10:04 - Angry and Grateful
- 13.03.2023 13.03.23, 21:37 - Living through the war
- 07.03.2023 07.03.23, 10:07 - Let's walk!
- 24.02.2023 24.02.23, 11:34 - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 02.02.2023 02.02.23, 17:57 - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.