Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
In Slovenia, many have experienced war, domestic abuse, car accidents, mental health issues or crime. That suffering beomes a “trauma”; a deep wound of the heart and mind that takes a long time to heal. It damages our relationships, bodies, thoughts, and our faith.
In 2014, I experienced burnout, and depression followed. I began my healing journey with God and His Word. At the time, there was little help the church could offer and I was committed to finding answers using the internet for information. After recovery, I was invited to join a program created by a Bible society called Trauma Healing. Their material helps church leaders know how to assist their people after difficult events. I initially attended out of duty as a church leader, but little did I know God had plans to use me to care for the traumatised. I started as a facilitator and have loved every minute! It has given me an opportunity to discover gifts from God, and I began facilitating small groups, as well as training other facilitators.
Our unique method of trauma healing unites mental health practices and engagement with God through the Bible. Many Bible passages reference suffering and they tell us who God is, how He cares, and this can help us heal from the wounds of our hearts. In Slovenia, many have experienced war, domestic abuse, car accidents, mental health issues or crime. Some experiences in life are so painful that they cause deep and lasting suffering. That suffering is “trauma”; a deep wound of the heart and mind that takes a long time to heal. It damages our relationships, bodies, thoughts, and our faith.
Ladies who attend have an opportunity to tell their story of pain and grief and bring their laments to God. They experience Christ’s love by taking their pain to the cross. They experience healing, restoration, and reconciliation with God, self, and neighbour. They then help the church become a place of healing for others.
I have used this tool as an evangelistic opportunity. I’ve had non-believers join the groups and they have enjoyed learning about God as we journeyed through lessons. I’ve received many encouraging messages about how it has been a blessing for many to be in the group. God has been so good and faithful, and I am glad to be used by Him to train churches how to be of help to those around them, who are hurting. He helps us in all our troubles, so that we can help others who have all kinds of troubles, using the same help that we ourselves have received from God (2 Cor 1:4).
BY GLORIA FORJAN
- 14.11.2023 14.11.23, 09:55 - New book dealing with rest and recovery
- 08.11.2023 08.11.23, 12:59 - Christian leaders gather from across Europe
- 27.10.2023 27.10.23, 10:44 - A Great Book: "Church Planting in Europe"
- 24.10.2023 24.10.23, 14:28 - Insights into ministry in Greece
- 25.08.2023 25.08.23, 12:44 - News from Ukraine
- 16.08.2023 16.08.23, 14:01 - A Summer's Story
- 04.08.2023 04.08.23, 11:09 - Wild at Heart, a Testimony
- 02.08.2023 02.08.23, 17:07 - "Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
- 21.07.2023 21.07.23, 15:19 - Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
- 14.07.2023 14.07.23, 15:06 - Church Planting in Slovenia
- 06.07.2023 06.07.23, 14:54 - Equipping a New Generation
- 03.07.2023 03.07.23, 14:02 - Mum & Baby Club in Spain
- 28.06.2023 28.06.23, 16:00 - Life and Ministry in Times of War
- 06.06.2023 06.06.23, 11:05 - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 02.06.2023 02.06.23, 13:34 - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 25.05.2023 25.05.23, 17:54 - Elena's short-term mission trip to Romania
- 22.05.2023 22.05.23, 15:23 - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 15.05.2023 15.05.23, 11:00 - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 08.05.2023 08.05.23, 12:42 - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 15.03.2023 15.03.23, 10:04 - Angry and Grateful
- 13.03.2023 13.03.23, 21:37 - Living through the war
- 07.03.2023 07.03.23, 10:07 - Let's walk!
- 24.02.2023 24.02.23, 11:34 - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 02.02.2023 02.02.23, 17:57 - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.