Freedom in Christ: a testimony
Seminars, retreats, and leadership training on spiritual formation are at the core of Aqueduct's healing ministry in Spain, where some of our ECM workers are involved. Read the beautiful testimony of a life restored here.
"God is always good, but when your life is a mess and He heals you, only then you can experience His goodness in a unique and distinct way.
Aqueduct ministry came into my life unexpectedly but longingly during this year without knowing I needed it. I had been hiding for months from my church, friends, and family how lost, lonely, and confused I felt about the stage of life I was in. I suffered from insomnia, physical aches and pains, irrational fears, and deep sadness. I didn't consider myself an emotionally unstable girl, but looking back, I can say I didn't even know who I was at that time. I was experiencing a crisis of faith and although I saw its terrible symptoms, I couldn't rationalize what had brought me there or, even worse, what I could do about it. It was then that the Lord came to meet me.
A friend, without knowing anything about what I was going through, sent me information about a seminar that Aqueduct was conducting on finding your identity in Christ. Without knowing anything about the ministry, I decided to go. Those two weekends began to tear away many of the lies I had been believing. God began to bring illusion and glimmers of hope to my soul, but I felt in my spirit that there was still more. That's when I was told that in a few days, they would have an intensive retreat called Spiritual Transformation. I called my boss and told him I needed to change my vacation week period and I signed up in faith.
What the Holy Spirit did in that week is hard to explain. What I learned, what I surrendered, and what I discovered is priceless. I thank God for everyone on the Aqueduct team who helped me and took care of me. God has kept His word: cry out to me and I will answer you and teach you great and hidden things that you do not know. Because of the freedom I have found in Christ, God has healed areas of my heart, past memories, mismanaged emotions, and family relationships. I now go to bed and wake up desiring to live each day in the presence of my Dad knowing that he is in control."
Aqueduct is a Christ-centred ministry dedicated to promoting the spiritual and emotional growth of believers. ECM workers Álvaro Liñán & Raquel Sabino as well as Julia Mercer-Wilson are part of this beautiful ministry.
- 14.11.2023 14.11.23, 09:55 - New book dealing with rest and recovery
- 08.11.2023 08.11.23, 12:59 - Christian leaders gather from across Europe
- 27.10.2023 27.10.23, 10:44 - A Great Book: "Church Planting in Europe"
- 24.10.2023 24.10.23, 14:28 - Insights into ministry in Greece
- 25.08.2023 25.08.23, 12:44 - News from Ukraine
- 16.08.2023 16.08.23, 14:01 - A Summer's Story
- 04.08.2023 04.08.23, 11:09 - Wild at Heart, a Testimony
- 02.08.2023 02.08.23, 17:07 - "Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
- 21.07.2023 21.07.23, 15:19 - Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
- 14.07.2023 14.07.23, 15:06 - Church Planting in Slovenia
- 06.07.2023 06.07.23, 14:54 - Equipping a New Generation
- 03.07.2023 03.07.23, 14:02 - Mum & Baby Club in Spain
- 28.06.2023 28.06.23, 16:00 - Life and Ministry in Times of War
- 06.06.2023 06.06.23, 11:05 - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 02.06.2023 02.06.23, 13:34 - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 25.05.2023 25.05.23, 17:54 - Elena's short-term mission trip to Romania
- 22.05.2023 22.05.23, 15:23 - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 15.05.2023 15.05.23, 11:00 - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 08.05.2023 08.05.23, 12:42 - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 15.03.2023 15.03.23, 10:04 - Angry and Grateful
- 13.03.2023 13.03.23, 21:37 - Living through the war
- 07.03.2023 07.03.23, 10:07 - Let's walk!
- 24.02.2023 24.02.23, 11:34 - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 02.02.2023 02.02.23, 17:57 - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.