Living through the war
"There is no sense in asking about the reasons for the war or doubting the goodness and justness of God as we can see and testify to God's love and faithfulness every day, despite the curfews and air raid sirens going off almost every day in the safer places like where we live, and nearly all day long in the eastern parts of Ukraine."
It's been a year since the large-scale war started. Many wouldn't believe that the war lasted that long. Many wouldn't think the war ever started. The experts say it's been the most significant war conflict for the latest 75 years, since the Second World War. And this is the reality we here are experiencing right now. The fight continues with no less intensity and with no fewer people dying, wounded, and losing their loved ones and homes.
The night on March 9 was particularly tough, with its air alarm going off at 3 in the morning and lasting more than three hours. Later I found out that there was another massive (81) missile attack. Besides hitting big cities like Kyiv, Odesa, Dnipro, and Zaporizhzhia, bringing damage and death, last night, they hit a small village in the Zolochiv area, 65 km away from Lviv, and killed 5 civilians. Just like that, for nothing!
There is no sense in asking about the reasons for the war or doubting the goodness and justness of God as we can see and testify to God's love and faithfulness every day, despite the curfews and air raid sirens going off almost every day in the safer places like where we live, and nearly all day long in the eastern parts of Ukraine.
As we enter the spring season, we thank God that the winter cold is in the past. It was an incredibly challenging period amplified by the lengthy power cuts caused by the numerous russian massive missile attacks. As I write this, it's already been more than three weeks without electricity outages. The last twenty-three mornings in my family, we thank God for having electricity on.
None of us would be able to survive the winter without the help of our friends and supporters in Europe and the USA, including you. Thank you, my friends, for your prayers, generous support and donations, and practical love.
Thank you so much for your hearts for Ukraine and for standing with us in this battle for freedom and truth!
💸 Donate 👉🏼 ecmi.org/ukraine-crisis
🔗 Share the need with others
- 14.11.2023 14.11.23, 09:55 - New book dealing with rest and recovery
- 08.11.2023 08.11.23, 12:59 - Christian leaders gather from across Europe
- 27.10.2023 27.10.23, 10:44 - A Great Book: "Church Planting in Europe"
- 24.10.2023 24.10.23, 14:28 - Insights into ministry in Greece
- 25.08.2023 25.08.23, 12:44 - News from Ukraine
- 16.08.2023 16.08.23, 14:01 - A Summer's Story
- 04.08.2023 04.08.23, 11:09 - Wild at Heart, a Testimony
- 02.08.2023 02.08.23, 17:07 - "Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
- 21.07.2023 21.07.23, 15:19 - Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
- 14.07.2023 14.07.23, 15:06 - Church Planting in Slovenia
- 06.07.2023 06.07.23, 14:54 - Equipping a New Generation
- 03.07.2023 03.07.23, 14:02 - Mum & Baby Club in Spain
- 28.06.2023 28.06.23, 16:00 - Life and Ministry in Times of War
- 06.06.2023 06.06.23, 11:05 - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 02.06.2023 02.06.23, 13:34 - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 25.05.2023 25.05.23, 17:54 - Elena's short-term mission trip to Romania
- 22.05.2023 22.05.23, 15:23 - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 15.05.2023 15.05.23, 11:00 - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 08.05.2023 08.05.23, 12:42 - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 15.03.2023 15.03.23, 10:04 - Angry and Grateful
- 13.03.2023 13.03.23, 21:37 - Living through the war
- 07.03.2023 07.03.23, 10:07 - Let's walk!
- 24.02.2023 24.02.23, 11:34 - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 02.02.2023 02.02.23, 17:57 - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.