Equipping a New Generation
The Slovenian Evangelical Church is very small and young, but we can see that God is doing something special among young people. Many are ready to take on a leadership role and serve the body of Christ.
Given that we do not have a Bible school and no regular Christian conferences where young people can be trained and equipped for the ministry, we are grateful for the opportunities offered by IFES Europe. At the end of October, three students and I visited the IFES FEUER (Fellowship of Evangelists in the Universities of Europe) conference in Greece. The purpose of this conference is to train and equip evangelists to proclaim the truth, beauty and wonder of the Gospel to today’s generation of students. This was the first Christian conference for all three students, and they were extremely enthusiastic about the content and getting to know other students and movements.
Laura said: “I took a lot away from this conference - much more than I could have imagined. Listening to very useful seminars and debates in small groups gave me motivation and ideas on how to preach the gospel in my hometown. Sharing experiences and ways from other European countries opened my thoughts, insights and the importance of making people around me aware of the Good News”.
When we returned home, Marko prepared a student apologetics course. We had two new students in our group and they both heard the Gospel for the first time. Another student Anže, who also attended the conference, led one of his friends to Christ after the conference.
Conferences like this can have a powerful influence on students. Our commitment is to train and equip young people for the work of the ministry, and we have started to develop an apprenticeship program to equip a new generation of Christians for the lifelong service to Christ and His Church in Slovenia.
BY BOSTJAN CIFER
- 14.11.2023 14.11.23, 09:55 - New book dealing with rest and recovery
- 08.11.2023 08.11.23, 12:59 - Christian leaders gather from across Europe
- 27.10.2023 27.10.23, 10:44 - A Great Book: "Church Planting in Europe"
- 24.10.2023 24.10.23, 14:28 - Insights into ministry in Greece
- 25.08.2023 25.08.23, 12:44 - News from Ukraine
- 16.08.2023 16.08.23, 14:01 - A Summer's Story
- 04.08.2023 04.08.23, 11:09 - Wild at Heart, a Testimony
- 02.08.2023 02.08.23, 17:07 - "Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
- 21.07.2023 21.07.23, 15:19 - Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
- 14.07.2023 14.07.23, 15:06 - Church Planting in Slovenia
- 06.07.2023 06.07.23, 14:54 - Equipping a New Generation
- 03.07.2023 03.07.23, 14:02 - Mum & Baby Club in Spain
- 28.06.2023 28.06.23, 16:00 - Life and Ministry in Times of War
- 06.06.2023 06.06.23, 11:05 - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 02.06.2023 02.06.23, 13:34 - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 25.05.2023 25.05.23, 17:54 - Elena's short-term mission trip to Romania
- 22.05.2023 22.05.23, 15:23 - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 15.05.2023 15.05.23, 11:00 - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 08.05.2023 08.05.23, 12:42 - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 15.03.2023 15.03.23, 10:04 - Angry and Grateful
- 13.03.2023 13.03.23, 21:37 - Living through the war
- 07.03.2023 07.03.23, 10:07 - Let's walk!
- 24.02.2023 24.02.23, 11:34 - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 02.02.2023 02.02.23, 17:57 - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.