From football... to Christ
As the football world cup goes on this month, here is a story about how football can open doors for the gospel in Andalusia, Spain.
All areas of life can lead to Christ... if you want them to. And that's what the Coaching for Christ team from Northern Ireland has done in Andalusia, in collaboration with our missionaries there, Francis and Nathalie.
After a two-year hiatus, our Coaching for Christ brothers came once again from Northern Ireland to Spain, to offer football classes - and the message of Jesus - to 250 children in four twons in the Cordoba region in Andalusia. The children had a great time, and paid close attention when, at each training session, the coaches told testimonies or stories based on biblical values. On the last day, they offered a Bible to the children and their parents, and more than 100 took one home, praise God!
Nowadays, in the Spanish society, there is a great lack of knowledge about the Bible, which is growing as one generation gives way to the next. We think it is vital to teach children and teenagers who God is and what His message is, what are the things that His Word teaches us and that guide us to live a life according to the purpose designed by our Creator.
For this reason, we are grateful for the partnership with the ministry of Coaching for Christ. In Spain football is a huge part of life and therefore it is a door to share the message of salvation. Together we can do more and all gifts add up to the gospel when we put them in God's hands. Thank you!
- 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!