Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
That week, I found myseld practising very much the virtue of listening. I wish you could listen the heartbreaking stories of Ukrainian refugees and, at the same time, the wonderful testimonies of God’s love, protection and provision.
I want to express my gratitude and appreciation to you for your effort in helping and serving to many Ukrainians who have to leave their homes and come to Europe because of war.
Especially thank you for your prayers and support of “Ukrainian Camp in Croatia” that took place August 28 –September 3, 2022 at the Croatian Baptist camp site on the island of Uglyan. Croatian Baptist Union graciously invited Ukrainians to relax, to recharge, to find new friends, and to enjoy the beautiful sea and nature.
During that week, my family had a privilege to serve to 85 adults and kids from Ukraine. It was such a blessing to meet new folks, and by the end of the week became great friends. Every day we had time to pray together and to share meals. That week, I found myseld practising very much the virtue of listening. Every morning I got up, looked at the mirror, and told myself: «Kostya, God gave you two ears and one mouth, so you need to listen twice as much as you speak”. Do know how hard it is for a preacher? ☺ I wish you could listen the heartbreaking stories of Ukrainian refugees and, at the same time, the wonderful testimonies of God’s love, protection and provision. Every evening we had time to worship, to study the Word of God and a special program for the kids. We all prayed for Ukraine, especially for the churches who are serving the refugees, and for the Ukrainian Christians who are in Europe, that in spite of the circumstances we will be faithful to the God’s call, and to His Great Commission.
Praise God, the weather and the sea was gorgeous during the whole week, no one was injured or get sick.
Thank you all for your prayers, support and participation in His Work around the Globe.
Kostya and Ira Bakanov
- 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 09/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 01/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!