On the ground in Ukraine
What does it feel like to be a Christian worker in Ukraine at the present time?
Here is an update by one of ECM's Ukrainian workers living through the tragic situation there:
"11th day of the war. It's Sunday. Now I know that during wartime you usually have no idea what day of the week it is. They are all the same. But it's different with Sunday. The day of rest. And even though, we cannot afford to pause our joint efforts and rest, for now, today at least we begged God to give rest to our restless minds. To calm us with His Word. To still our weary souls.
We had communion today at our church. We remembered how Jesus came to this Earth to suffer and to die. He came to accomplish the task we would never be able to achieve ourselves. He came to save us.
Yesterday we found out that NATO won't close our sky. They won't save us. But standing this morning in the church, I couldn’t help but think how good it is that there is One who already did.
“And do not fear those who kill the body, but are unable to kill the soul, but rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in hell.” (Mt. 10:28)
As I was so saddened by the response of some Western leaders, I was even more astonished by Jesus' sacrifice.
They refused to send us planes. But God sent His one and only Son.
They have left us alone with our pain. He stepped into it.
They shut their eyes at the suffering of our children. He Himself became a child, a vulnerable little One for the sake of us all.
Yesterday our President cried out to them, asking "How many more people have to die!?" Today I was reminded that Jesus Christ has already died once for our sins, "the righteous for the unrighteous, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh but made alive in the spirit.”(1 Pt. 3:18)
As I was taking the communion today, I couldn't help but think that all of us, my beloved Church are living under constant threat. But being the Body of Christ, our souls are forever secure. The enemy can do nothing to us. Neither on Earth nor in eternity. We know the One in whom there is Life. Life Everlasting.
We stand on this. This truth dispels our fear and fuels our confidence. Even if politicians and governments abandoned us and left us alone with our pain, we know that God didn’t. And He never will."
For more information on Uraine facts, please follow this link.
- 22/12/2022 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 9/12/2022 9/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 1/12/2022 1/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/2022 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/2022 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/2022 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/2022 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/2022 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/9/2022 22/9/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/9/2022 15/9/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 8/9/2022 8/9/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 5/9/2022 5/9/22 13:29 - Summer Camps in Romania
- 25/8/2022 25/8/22 9:44 - The first step of many
- 4/8/2022 4/8/22 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 26/7/2022 26/7/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/7/2022 22/7/22 9:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/7/2022 21/7/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/7/2022 14/7/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 7/7/2022 7/7/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 1/7/2022 1/7/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 31/5/2022 31/5/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/5/2022 27/5/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/5/2022 24/5/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/5/2022 18/5/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 1/5/2022 1/5/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/4/2022 26/4/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/4/2022 22/4/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/4/2022 12/4/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 2/4/2022 2/4/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/3/2022 28/3/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/3/2022 26/3/22 9:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/3/2022 23/3/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/3/2022 22/3/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/3/2022 21/3/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 8/3/2022 8/3/22 8:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/2/2022 24/2/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/2/2022 15/2/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?