Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
Despite all the challenges, we all returned to Lviv, hopeful and encouraged by what we had seen, by observing the life coming back to the ruined city, ministry of our colleague workers, and partner churches. They continue to serve and bring hope to where it's needed the most.
We praise God because, no matter how much the darkness may grow, His light shines forth. A few weeks ago, our team in Lviv travelled to Irpin, a town on the outskirts of Kyiv that suffered terrible attacks in the first months of the war. And there, they could see the light of the gospel shining, and the church of one of our ECMers there bearing witness or Jesus, in words and in action.
Below you can read a short report from our field leader who led the trip to Irpin.
"S. is one of my friends and coworkers who serves as a family pastor in the Irpin Bible Church. He had evacuated his family to a safer place but kept coming and serving in Irpin during the most challenging time of the Russian invasion of the Kyiv region.
Our local team in Lviv supported S.'s crew with all we could during that uneasy period. Both S. and his wife persist in their ministry and do a lot these days by sharing food, goods, and Gospel with people returning to their homes in the Irpin area.
We delayed our trip to Irpin several times. First, it was too unsafe to travel in that direction. Then, we had to wait another week to explore where we could get fuel to tank the van. We still lack gasoline in the area and must follow the new limits of 15 liters per vehicle.
Despite all the challenges, we toured Irpin to deliver more than 1000 kg of food and hygienic products. It wasn't a comfortable trip, especially emotionally. But we all returned to Lviv, hopeful and encouraged by what we had seen, by observing the life coming back to the ruined city, ministry of our colleague workers, and partner churches. They continue to serve and bring hope to where it's needed the most."
Our team recorded these three powerful videos of the experience, and we invite you to watch them and be inspired and encouraged by them.
- 22/12/2022 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 9/12/2022 9/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 1/12/2022 1/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/2022 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/2022 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/2022 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/2022 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/2022 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/9/2022 22/9/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/9/2022 15/9/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 8/9/2022 8/9/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 5/9/2022 5/9/22 13:29 - Summer Camps in Romania
- 25/8/2022 25/8/22 9:44 - The first step of many
- 4/8/2022 4/8/22 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 26/7/2022 26/7/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/7/2022 22/7/22 9:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/7/2022 21/7/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/7/2022 14/7/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 7/7/2022 7/7/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 1/7/2022 1/7/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/6/2022 23/6/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/6/2022 14/6/22 9:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/6/2022 11/6/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/5/2022 31/5/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/5/2022 27/5/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/5/2022 24/5/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/5/2022 18/5/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 1/5/2022 1/5/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/4/2022 26/4/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/4/2022 22/4/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/4/2022 12/4/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 6/4/2022 6/4/22 9:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 2/4/2022 2/4/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/3/2022 28/3/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/3/2022 26/3/22 9:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/3/2022 23/3/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/3/2022 22/3/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/3/2022 21/3/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 8/3/2022 8/3/22 8:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/2/2022 24/2/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/2/2022 15/2/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 8/2/2022 8/2/22 10:27 - Come and help us!