News from Ukraine
Every time we realize that life can stop. Abruptly. Every time we hear the alarm going off, we pray fervently and thank God when it stops. We aren't to waste our time but take a chance to share God's love and the Good News of Jesus.
We have started writing our next update several times but stopped every time by the thought that we mostly upload sad and tragic news on you. It is not what we want for you. Yes, we want everyone in the world to know and remember the heartbreaking and vicious deeds executed by the russians invading my country. By the enemy, taking over lands and wiping out villages and cities, stealing everything they can, kidnapping children and people, and even if not, forcing them to embrace their rules, language, and laws in the territories taken over.
June was the month when most students finished the school year. Having one child in middle school and another as a freshman, a picture of the high school graduates dancing a traditional farewell school waltz in front of the ruins of their school in Kharkiv Irene came across on the Internet while reading the news touched us deeply. None of us would ever have wanted such a life for our children or others.
*Banner photo and photo above by Ukrayinska Pravda
Having that in mind, we do our best to help children and teens to have a bit of normalcy in the middle of the war situation in the country. Yes, we still get nervous and scared during the air-raid alarms (especially after the several latest enemy strikes that hit the shopping mall in Vinnytsa (killing dozens of people, including three children). The most vulnerable and innocent one, four-year-old Lisa, a little girl with Down's syndrome, was among them.
Every time we realize that life can stop. Abruptly. Every time we hear the alarm going off, we pray fervently and thank God when it stops. We aren't to waste our time but take a chance to share God's love and the Good News of Jesus."
*Photo by Fakty
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 22/12/2022 22/12/22 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 9/12/2022 9/12/22 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 1/12/2022 1/12/22 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 23/11/2022 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/2022 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/2022 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/2022 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/2022 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/9/2022 22/9/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/9/2022 15/9/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 8/9/2022 8/9/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 5/9/2022 5/9/22 13:29 - Summer Camps in Romania
- 25/8/2022 25/8/22 9:44 - The first step of many
- 4/8/2022 4/8/22 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 26/7/2022 26/7/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/7/2022 22/7/22 9:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/7/2022 21/7/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/7/2022 14/7/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 7/7/2022 7/7/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 1/7/2022 1/7/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/6/2022 23/6/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/6/2022 14/6/22 9:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/6/2022 11/6/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/5/2022 31/5/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/5/2022 27/5/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/5/2022 24/5/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/5/2022 18/5/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 1/5/2022 1/5/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/4/2022 26/4/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/4/2022 22/4/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/4/2022 12/4/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 6/4/2022 6/4/22 9:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 2/4/2022 2/4/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/3/2022 28/3/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/3/2022 26/3/22 9:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/3/2022 23/3/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/3/2022 22/3/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/3/2022 21/3/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 8/3/2022 8/3/22 8:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/2/2022 24/2/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/2/2022 15/2/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 8/2/2022 8/2/22 10:27 - Come and help us!