Thanks to contributions from several entities and individuals from Spain and Holland, we were able to repair the greenhouse, which a strong storm had damaged several years ago. Read more to meet our new team member, a man with a heart for God... and for the land!
He is 43 years old and he is a farmer by profession... and vocation!
He sold the strawberry farming operation he had in Holland, and came in his car on January 3rd of this year. He started working at once, first with the olive trees and then preparing the garden land and the greenhouse.
What he likes most: working the land, planting and harvesting.
What most surprises him: having experienced only five days of rain in the fourmonths since he came to Spain! In his country it rains almost every day.
Of course, in this first season here, he is adapting to various challenges: the types of crops, the weather, the land, the drought, the Spanish language,the culture, etc. But he’s been learning, and the first plants have started to sprout. 🌱
Helping families in need
We continue to help families with food and basic supplies both in Pozoblanco and in Cabra and Manzanares. With inflation, and prices rising constantly, the families are very gratefulfor the help.
Thank you for being part of our ministry, and for helping to sow the seed of the Gospel in words and deeds in so many families.
Learn more about how ECM is ministering in Spain here.
Stories from Europe > 2023
- 6/5/2023 6/5/23, 2:05 PM - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 6/2/2023 6/2/23, 1:34 PM - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 5/22/2023 5/22/23, 3:23 PM - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 5/15/2023 5/15/23, 11:00 AM - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 5/8/2023 5/8/23, 12:42 PM - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 3/15/2023 3/15/23, 10:04 AM - Angry and Grateful
- 3/13/2023 3/13/23, 9:37 PM - Living through the war
- 3/7/2023 3/7/23, 10:07 AM - Let's walk!
- 2/24/2023 2/24/23, 11:34 AM - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 2/2/2023 2/2/23, 5:57 PM - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.