Living through the war
"There is no sense in asking about the reasons for the war or doubting the goodness and justness of God as we can see and testify to God's love and faithfulness every day, despite the curfews and air raid sirens going off almost every day in the safer places like where we live, and nearly all day long in the eastern parts of Ukraine."
It's been a year since the large-scale war started. Many wouldn't believe that the war lasted that long. Many wouldn't think the war ever started. The experts say it's been the most significant war conflict for the latest 75 years, since the Second World War. And this is the reality we here are experiencing right now. The fight continues with no less intensity and with no fewer people dying, wounded, and losing their loved ones and homes.
The night on March 9 was particularly tough, with its air alarm going off at 3 in the morning and lasting more than three hours. Later I found out that there was another massive (81) missile attack. Besides hitting big cities like Kyiv, Odesa, Dnipro, and Zaporizhzhia, bringing damage and death, last night, they hit a small village in the Zolochiv area, 65 km away from Lviv, and killed 5 civilians. Just like that, for nothing!
There is no sense in asking about the reasons for the war or doubting the goodness and justness of God as we can see and testify to God's love and faithfulness every day, despite the curfews and air raid sirens going off almost every day in the safer places like where we live, and nearly all day long in the eastern parts of Ukraine.
As we enter the spring season, we thank God that the winter cold is in the past. It was an incredibly challenging period amplified by the lengthy power cuts caused by the numerous russian massive missile attacks. As I write this, it's already been more than three weeks without electricity outages. The last twenty-three mornings in my family, we thank God for having electricity on.
None of us would be able to survive the winter without the help of our friends and supporters in Europe and the USA, including you. Thank you, my friends, for your prayers, generous support and donations, and practical love.
Thank you so much for your hearts for Ukraine and for standing with us in this battle for freedom and truth!
💸 Donate 👉🏼 ecmi.org/ukraine-crisis
🔗 Share the need with others
- 8/25/2023 8/25/23, 12:44 PM - News from Ukraine
- 8/16/2023 8/16/23, 2:01 PM - A Summer's Story
- 8/4/2023 8/4/23, 11:09 AM - Wild at Heart, a Testimony
- 8/2/2023 8/2/23, 5:07 PM - "Camino Antiguo" Guesthouse in Spain
- 7/21/2023 7/21/23, 3:19 PM - Trauma Healing Small Groups in Slovenia
- 7/14/2023 7/14/23, 3:06 PM - Church Planting in Slovenia
- 7/6/2023 7/6/23, 2:54 PM - Equipping a New Generation
- 7/3/2023 7/3/23, 2:02 PM - Mum & Baby Club in Spain
- 6/28/2023 6/28/23, 4:00 PM - Life and Ministry in Times of War
- 6/6/2023 6/6/23, 11:05 AM - United in Prayer, discover Mahabba
- 6/2/2023 6/2/23, 1:34 PM - Camino Guesthouse in Spain
- 5/22/2023 5/22/23, 3:23 PM - Greenhouse Repaired!
- 5/15/2023 5/15/23, 11:00 AM - Freedom in Christ: a testimony
- 5/8/2023 5/8/23, 12:42 PM - The Irpin church: a testimony of love and service
- 3/15/2023 3/15/23, 10:04 AM - Angry and Grateful
- 3/13/2023 3/13/23, 9:37 PM - Living through the war
- 3/7/2023 3/7/23, 10:07 AM - Let's walk!
- 2/24/2023 2/24/23, 11:34 AM - They were living in a 15m2 hut...
- 2/2/2023 2/2/23, 5:57 PM - The war has torn down many houses, we are building them up.