Confined but connecting
Pete and Kate Knowlson are ECM workers in Spain and describe how they are managing to stay in touch and connected with church, friends and family.
"The internet is almost the only way to meet with people these days and it has broken down the barriers of distance.
"Our church draws people from five towns yet only Peter has to travel in order to run a Zoom meeting for older members who can’t manage the technology.
"The weekly Bible study connects our members with a Columbian family who visited last year.
"We connect for prayer with supporters in their own homes."
Kate leads two women in studies in another town and is equipping one to lead a Bible group when she moves house with her husband.
"WhatsApp groups are the seedbed of our evangelism."
Peter hopes to multiply expository preachers amongst the students at a denominational training institution. He teaches them how to prepare, present and evaluate their messages to improve the application of their sermons amongst believers in the churches where they will serve the Lord.
You find more accounts like this one in our new Spring Magazine, click here.
If you would like to find out more about ECM's work in Spain, follow this link.
- 23/11/2021 23/11/21 12:00 - Helping others to love Muslims
- 16/11/2021 16/11/21 9:43 - The call to missions
- 12/11/2021 12/11/21 12:10 - Trusting God in Portugal
- 30/10/2021 30/10/21 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- 26/10/2021 26/10/21 14:00 - The gospel into people's homes
- 19/10/2021 19/10/21 13:11 - How long, oh Lord?
- 11/10/2021 11/10/21 12:12 - Tom and Grace Campbell
- 27/4/2021 27/4/21 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- 20/4/2021 20/4/21 17:30 - A life transformed...
- 6/4/2021 6/4/21 11:30 - A light in the community