From depression to ministry
Meet Diana Ovcar, a new ECM worker in Ljubljana, Slovenia.
I was born into a religiously mixed home, and my parents divorced when I was young. My childhood was filled with challenging experiences, which left me confused and hopeless. It seemed depression would be my constant companion until age 17, when I attended a Christian camp and heard the gospel for the first time. I gave my life to Jesus and began to trust Him to heal my pain and brokenness.
My interest in global missions began in my college days, and I initially pursued missionary work in Asia.
However, God eventually redirected my attention to the needs of my homeland, Slovenia. I was invited by Cru (formerly Campus Crusade) to join their team in Ljubljana as a national worker and sensed God’s call to serve my own people. I have spent the last two years ministering to students with Cru. I love seeing the next generation of believers standing strong in faith, and my desire is to see them participate in building the Slovenian Church through sharing the gospel.
As a national missionary with European Christian Mission in Ljubljana, I will be serving in a local church with a focus on student ministry development and evangelism. These are areas of deep passion for me, and I feel privileged to have a part in God’s work in Slovenia!
If you would like to know more about ECM's involvement in Slovenia, please click here.
- 23/11/2021 23/11/21 12:00 - Helping others to love Muslims
- 16/11/2021 16/11/21 9:43 - The call to missions
- 12/11/2021 12/11/21 12:10 - Trusting God in Portugal
- 30/10/2021 30/10/21 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- 26/10/2021 26/10/21 14:00 - The gospel into people's homes
- 19/10/2021 19/10/21 13:11 - How long, oh Lord?
- 11/10/2021 11/10/21 12:12 - Tom and Grace Campbell
- 27/4/2021 27/4/21 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- 20/4/2021 20/4/21 17:30 - A life transformed...
- 6/4/2021 6/4/21 11:30 - A light in the community