Life in Ukraine
"This is the reality of our life in Ukraine today. Every numeral above is someone's life and a reason for us to thank every person, every church, and organization that remembers us and continues to pray and support our team, ministry, and nation."
Read below as our field leader in Ukraine shares with us a reflection on life in Ukraine since the war.
"It has been 106 days since the Russian invasion of Ukraine. 106 days of horror. 106 days of perseverance. A hundred and six days of a completely different life for all of us.
Russians have occupied about 20% of the territory of Ukraine since the war started. For you to compare, it's like the territories of countries like Luxemburg, Belgium, and Netherland would have been taken over together. 2 478 missiles they sent to Ukraine mostly hit the civilian infrastructure.
According to authorities, over 1123 schools, 621 kindergartens, 643 hospitals, 23 800 km of roads, and 300 bridges have been destroyed. Hundreds of thousands of people lost their homes and have nowhere to return. 4149 Ukrainian civilians were killed, including 267 children, and more than 460 children were injured.
6,8 million people left Ukraine to escape danger. Another 2.5 million are internally displaced people. Every day from 60 to 100 soldiers - defenders of Ukraine - died at the front line.
This is the reality of our life in Ukraine today. Every numeral above is someone's life and a reason for us to thank every person, every church, and organization that remembers us and continues to pray and support our team, ministry, and nation."
- 23.11.2022 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15.11.2022 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11.11.2022 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25.10.2022 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18.10.2022 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11.10.2022 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22.09.2022 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15.09.2022 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08.09.2022 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 25.08.2022 09:44 - The first step of many
- 04.08.2022 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 26.07.2022 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22.07.2022 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21.07.2022 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14.07.2022 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07.07.2022 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01.07.2022 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23.06.2022 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14.06.2022 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11.06.2022 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31.05.2022 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27.05.2022 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24.05.2022 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18.05.2022 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01.05.2022 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26.04.2022 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22.04.2022 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12.04.2022 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06.04.2022 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02.04.2022 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28.03.2022 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26.03.2022 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23.03.2022 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22.03.2022 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21.03.2022 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08.03.2022 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24.02.2022 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15.02.2022 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08.02.2022 10:27 - Come and help us!