Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
On 21st and 22nd of May, 72 Christian leaders from 22 European countries gathered in Krakow, Poland, to consider what they could do to collaborate more effectively in ministering to the people fleeing the war.
(What follows is from a Lausanne Europe email about the event)
"We are entering the summer season when, under normal circumstances, we wind down and relax a bit. However, the war in Ukraine means we are living in a different Europe from the one of just a few months ago. The images are heartbreaking, yet Christians across Europe are responding in extraordinary ways, and Lausanne Europe has played a part in that too.
"On 21st and 22nd of May, 72 Christian leaders from 22 European countries gathered in Krakow, Poland, to consider what we could do to collaborate more effectively in ministering to the people fleeing the war. Together with others, Lausanne Europe played a key role in casting a vision for the Christian Ukraine Collaboration gathering, in identifying those who needed to be there, and in fostering throughout a spirit of collaboration based on relationships.
"A key outcome from the Krakow gathering were the nine working groups which cover everything from transport and aid logistics, to East-West church collaboration on finding homes for the refugees, to emotional well-being, to empowering and equipping leaders. Please continue to pray as these groups work on proposals for collaboration going forward.
"Just before the Poland gathering, the new Regional Director for Lausanne Europe, Jim Memory, also visited Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Germany. Jim shares: "I met with many evangelical leaders and saw something of how Lausanne Europe might come alongside churches and ministries to encourage collaboration. There are challenges in this of course, yet these can be overcome when there is trust. The Lausanne network has been built over the last 50 years on trusting relationships. Through working together we build deeper levels of trust and that then helps us to work together even more effectively.” "
To read an Evangelical Focus article about the event, click here.
- 23/11/22 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 15/11/22 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/22 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 25/10/22 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 18/10/22 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 11/10/22 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 22/09/22 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 15/09/22 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 08/09/22 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 26/07/22 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 22/07/22 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 21/07/22 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 14/07/22 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/22 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 01/07/22 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 23/06/22 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 14/06/22 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 11/06/22 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 31/05/22 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 27/05/22 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 24/05/22 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 18/05/22 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 01/05/22 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 26/04/22 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 22/04/22 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 12/04/22 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 06/04/22 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 02/04/22 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 28/03/22 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 26/03/22 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 23/03/22 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 22/03/22 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 21/03/22 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 08/03/22 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 24/02/22 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 15/02/22 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 08/02/22 10:27 - Come and help us!