Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
On 21st and 22nd of May, 72 Christian leaders from 22 European countries gathered in Krakow, Poland, to consider what they could do to collaborate more effectively in ministering to the people fleeing the war.
(What follows is from a Lausanne Europe email about the event)
"We are entering the summer season when, under normal circumstances, we wind down and relax a bit. However, the war in Ukraine means we are living in a different Europe from the one of just a few months ago. The images are heartbreaking, yet Christians across Europe are responding in extraordinary ways, and Lausanne Europe has played a part in that too.
"On 21st and 22nd of May, 72 Christian leaders from 22 European countries gathered in Krakow, Poland, to consider what we could do to collaborate more effectively in ministering to the people fleeing the war. Together with others, Lausanne Europe played a key role in casting a vision for the Christian Ukraine Collaboration gathering, in identifying those who needed to be there, and in fostering throughout a spirit of collaboration based on relationships.
"A key outcome from the Krakow gathering were the nine working groups which cover everything from transport and aid logistics, to East-West church collaboration on finding homes for the refugees, to emotional well-being, to empowering and equipping leaders. Please continue to pray as these groups work on proposals for collaboration going forward.
"Just before the Poland gathering, the new Regional Director for Lausanne Europe, Jim Memory, also visited Slovakia, the Czech Republic, and Germany. Jim shares: "I met with many evangelical leaders and saw something of how Lausanne Europe might come alongside churches and ministries to encourage collaboration. There are challenges in this of course, yet these can be overcome when there is trust. The Lausanne network has been built over the last 50 years on trusting relationships. Through working together we build deeper levels of trust and that then helps us to work together even more effectively.” "
To read an Evangelical Focus article about the event, click here.
Stories from Europe > 2022
- 12/22/2022 10:48 - A New Hope for Ukraine
- 12/09/2022 17:04 - Volunteer Centres: showing Christ's love
- 12/01/2022 15:12 - Houses for Ukraine
- 11/23/2022 15:16 - From football... to Christ
- 11/15/2022 13:20 - Short Term Gain
- 11/11/2022 12:53 - Caring for Ukrainians in Croatia
- 10/25/2022 14:03 - ECM Prayer Days in Spain
- 10/18/2022 12:04 - 14 days of helping refugees
- 10/11/2022 12:02 - God is good at all times
- 09/22/2022 12:18 - Standing Together with Ukraine
- 09/15/2022 13:47 - A true life changing experience
- 09/08/2022 11:26 - Equipping the next generation
- 08/25/2022 09:44 - The first step of many
- 08/04/2022 12:07 - Summer Day Camp for kids in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/26/2022 11:56 - News from Ukraine
- 07/22/2022 09:10 - A missionary experience in Spain
- 07/21/2022 11:53 - The story of Evgen & Diana
- 07/14/2022 11:44 - The ministry of ECMers in Lviv, Ukraine
- 07/07/2022 11:33 - "Our children and teenagers haven’t had so much laughter and fun since we left our homes in Ukraine"
- 07/01/2022 11:28 - Bringing hope to where it's needed the most
- 06/23/2022 10:07 - Trusting God at all times
- 06/14/2022 09:25 - Christian leaders come together to help Ukrainian refugees
- 06/11/2022 11:09 - Life in Ukraine
- 05/31/2022 17:35 - With small acts of love
- 05/27/2022 13:35 - "The worst and the best of humanity"
- 05/24/2022 14:22 - Tanya's Story
- 05/18/2022 15:23 - From Kiev to Zagrev
- 05/01/2022 15:42 - A minibus for Lviv
- 04/26/2022 11:46 - "There is no way we can get used to the War..."
- 04/22/2022 11:31 - A return to Irpin
- 04/12/2022 10:00 - The job is too big for one alone...
- 04/06/2022 09:47 - Hosting Ukrainian refugees
- 04/02/2022 10:13 - A journey into Ukraine: what does it look like?
- 03/28/2022 14:27 - Shining light into the darkness
- 03/26/2022 09:21 - "The aid was a significant relief for our teams..."
- 03/23/2022 12:51 - Serving the children in the war
- 03/22/2022 12:55 - Through your prayers...
- 03/21/2022 12:11 - Praise God for his provision!
- 03/08/2022 08:42 - On the ground in Ukraine
- 02/24/2022 19:25 - ECM Update on the Ukraine Crisis
- 02/15/2022 12:55 - Who are we and what we do as a mission?
- 02/08/2022 10:27 - Come and help us!