... to lift up the name of Jesus publicly.
Albania has one of the lowest number of evangelical Christians in all of Europe at 0.5% and this is one of the reasons why Josh and Ali Reeve have been drawn to work there.
During 2008-2011, Josh and Ali were involved in leading short-term teams to Albania to help churches reach out and support children with learning disabilities.
From these trips, God created in them the desire to serve long-term in one of Europe’s few Muslim majority countries.
Josh, Ali and their family arrived in Albania in early 2018. They have been learning the language and developing an understanding of the Albanian culture with a view to getting involved in church planting. They would love to continue developing gospel-centred ministries to people with learning disabilities. Many Albanians who have disabilities never get the chance to attend church and hear about the Lord who made them and loves them. They have a passion to help the church reach these people with the good news about Jesus.
Josh and Ali write: “...Last year, our family joined forces with an American missionary family and a local Albanian family to plant a new church in the capital city, Tirana. It is early days, of course, but we are very encouraged by the way God has been working in us and through us. Although we are small in number (roughly ten adults and ten kids), we have seen a good number of unbelieving friends and family join us to find out more.
"In the warmer months we have been doing community barbecues in the local park on Saturdays, and these have been a good opportunity for making connections and building relationships.
In fact, because of the distancing measures required to prevent COVID-19, our church has now vacated its premises and is meeting for worship in the open air of the park each Sunday. Josh says: ‘It is a real joy to see the gospel declared and the name of Jesus lifted up openly in a country where it was once forbidden.’"
Please pray for Josh, Ali and their family as they continue to reach out to the people of Albania.
To read the above in its entirety, please follow this link.
For more information on ECM's involvement in Albania or Josh and Ali, click here.
- December - 28 - 2021 16:40 - Happy New Year!
- December - 07 - 2021 16:05 - European Christian Mission welcomes Harvey Kwiyani
- November - 30 - 2021 16:00 - When did God do something special in your life?
- November - 23 - 2021 12:00 - Helping others to love Muslims
- November - 16 - 2021 09:43 - The call to missions
- November - 12 - 2021 12:10 - Trusting God in Portugal
- November - 09 - 2021 10:00 - The Extraordinary Re-Evangelization of Europe
- November - 02 - 2021 16:00 - Equipped and connected for a move to multiply during COVID-19
- October - 30 - 2021 10:14 - Helping others to love Muslims
- October - 26 - 2021 14:00 - The gospel into people's homes
- October - 19 - 2021 13:11 - How long, oh Lord?
- October - 12 - 2021 11:00 - How will they hear - prayer campaign
- October - 11 - 2021 12:12 - Tom and Grace Campbell
- August - 24 - 2021 13:56 - "That's the tremendous thing that God is doing..."
- August - 17 - 2021 11:00 - Europe 2021: A Missiological Report
- August - 17 - 2021 10:30 - The House that love built
- July - 28 - 2021 15:41 - Launching NZ Mission Internship
- July - 27 - 2021 00:09 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 26 - 2021 00:00 - Where will your journey of faith take you?
- July - 06 - 2021 11:48 - It all starts in the heart
- April - 27 - 2021 12:00 - Confined but connecting
- April - 20 - 2021 17:30 - A life transformed...
- April - 06 - 2021 11:30 - A light in the community
- February - 23 - 2021 12:15 - Our best laid plans... How God aligns them with His
- February - 16 - 2021 12:30 - From depression to ministry
- February - 09 - 2021 12:14 - Not stopped by COVID-19
- February - 02 - 2021 16:17 - Once forbidden...